With its handicap accessibility, full kitchen, restroom, and ability to accommodate up to 50 people the Marion Community Room is an excellent resource for our community.
There is no charge for use of meeting room by governmental agencies, by nonprofit community groups or by groups presenting programs in which the library is a sponsor or cooperating agency. All others will be charged a fee of $50 for at time of reservation ($65 for non-Marion residents). A deposit of $75 will be collected when the keys are picked up to ensure that the room is cleaned and returned to its original condition after use. The deposit will be returned after inspection.
All printed and online promotion of events must clearly state:
MARION COMMUNITY ROOM, 4036 Maple Avenue, Marion
“This event is NOT sponsored or endorsed by the Marion Public Library.”
Groups interested in use of the Marion Community Room must first fill out an application for use, which can be found below or obtained at the library desk. Once the application is approved and payment received, the meeting date will be placed on the meeting room calendar.
MARION COMMUNITY ROOM
In keeping with the Town’s mission to offer a welcoming place for community interactions, the Marion Community Room is available for use by community groups for meetings and programs when not needed for library purposes. Use of the meeting room does not imply endorsement by the Town, Library Staff or Trustees of the viewpoints presented.
The Town and Library Board of Trustees encourage the widest possible use of the community room by government agencies, nonprofit community groups and others, as long as this use does not interfere with the normal functions of the library.
- Room may be used between the hours of 8:00 AM and 10:00 PM.
- Room may be used for educational, cultural, informational or governmental/civic activities and may include public lectures, workshops and other similar functions. Partisan political campaign activity is prohibited.
- Room bookings are subject to cancellation within two weeks notice if the room is needed for library programming.
- Programs involving the sale, advertising, promotion of commercial products or services, or programs sponsored by a business firm, are prohibited except for those sponsored by the library.
- No admission fee, registration fee, donation or monetary solicitation may be sought from meeting attendees unless the library co-sponsors the program.
- No single group may have more than six meetings in a six month period unless the library is a co-sponsor, or under the discretion of the board and manager.
- Users agree to abide by all regulations of the library relating to the use of the facilities and accept responsibility for all damages caused to the building and/or equipment beyond normal wear.
- No group or organization using the meeting room will discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or handicapped status in the provision of services.
Still have questions?
For more information about the Marion Community Room please call 315-926-4933.