The Marion Public Library has a part time Library Clerk position available.
UPDATE – Position has been filled.
Work involves the performance of routine library clerical duties necessary for the proper organization and distribution of library materials. No prior knowledge of library procedures is required; on the job training is provided. Work is performed under direct supervision of senior staff or Library Manag-er. Does related work as required
Graduation from high school or possession of a high school equivalency diploma.
• Working knowledge of terminology, procedures, equipment and library technology tools as applied to library clerical work
• Working knowledge of business arithmetic, library filing and shelving rules
• Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions
• Use computer with accuracy
• Customer service and community focused orientation, providing courteous service and help to patrons
• Ability to work in and enable a team environment
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality
• Knowledge of library circulation system